Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

140 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have down syndrome and noticed purple bruise between inner thigh. How to cure this?

Answered by
Dr. Anil Grover


Practicing since :1981

Answered : 922 Questions

Posted on Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My daughter with Down Syndrome has 2 purple bruise-like spots in the crease area between her inner upper thighs right on the underwear line. At first there was just one that I noticed about 6 months ago, and I thought it was some kind of injury, but now she has them on both sides. They are kind of oval shaped and about 1/2-3/4 inch or so. She doesn't want anyone to touch them, so they may be painful. She is not verbal, so it's hard to know how much they bother her. My daughter is 16 years old.
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 1 hour later
Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your question with diligence.
You are a brave parent and for getting successful surgery for closure of VSD in a Down's Syndrome patient is an act which needs to be complimented.
There are some hematological abnormalities (blood related) which these children and adolescents are prone to. I urge you to show your daughter to a clinical hematologist. Who will thoroughly examine her. Enlargement of spleen and tenderness(pain on touching) in bones has to be examined. Thereafter, a hematological profile (including complete blood count and peripheral smear examination) will be done. All this is essential to reach a diagnosis. Good Luck.
If you have any more follow up question, I will be only too happy to answer.
With best wishes.
Dr Anil Grover,
Cardiologist & Medical Specialist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

Recent questions on  Downs' syndrome

doctor1 MD

ive had 3 pregnancys 1st baby born perfect 2nd baby born with rare chromosone defect m1p36 she died at 17 months 3rd pregnancy had down syndrome and i felt i would be unable to cope again so i terminated the pregnancy now im 7 weeks pregnant and feel exhausted is this a good sign all babys with same father we have both had cicogentic testing and our chromosones normal what are the chances of something bad happening this time??? i am 33 years

doctor1 MD

hi Dr Samuel thanks for yr answer about down syndrome now i need information about my research for a topic about children s disabilities : vision : what are the key characteristics, sign and symptoms and cause or known risk factors thanks for your support

doctor1 MD

Worried abt results of blood.. Risk of Down Syndrome - 1 in 370 (at term) (Risk due to maternal age alone is 1 in 570).. Risk of T13 - 1 in 100000 (at term) (Risk due to maternal age alone is 1 in 15000).. Risk of T18 - 1 in 100000 (at term) (Risk due to maternal age alone is 1 in 5200) The beta-HCG is significantly elevated and may indicate potential problems with the pregnancy. we have had the us scan done and the amnio done.. Q.What are the chances of the baby turning out to hve downs.. also how freq shud we visit docs to check the baby doing well. thanks Sam

doctor1 MD

I was told that one of the symptoms of down syndrome is severe hair lost? I have a sister that has down sydrome and she is losing her hair, I suggest that she see a dermatologist, but I was told that it wouldn t be necessary because it s a trait of down syndrome. I never heard that. Please help.

doctor1 MD

I went to a pediatrician regarding my 13mths stunted height - she was 85 percentile born and remained that all the way up until her 12mth check up where she had dropped to 20 percentile. At her 13mth she is back to 50 percentile 76cm which is fine...

doctor1 MD

Hi .. i got my quardraple marker report today.. what does it mean?

doctor1 MD

I am 45 years old men very healthy want have baby i am HIV poz undetectable over 3 years right ow take one medicine genvoya my partner female HIV negative i have plan to have baby i am worry about risk autism or any kind diseases turn to baby...