Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Have disc shaped bumps mid way between navel and penis and increasing in size. Underlying cause?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
Hi, I have two disc shaped bumps mid way between my navel and penis about 10mm and 15mm in diameter. I have had them for years but very slowly increasing. A nurse at a sexual clinic said they where nothing and older men get them and I am unfortunate to get them now (in my 30's) but I notice now they have multiple black dots. please advise
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
Thanks for writing to us.
I have gone through the image attached. It probably looks like seborrheic keratosis(SK)
SK is a benign skin lesion due to overgrowth of skin cells known as keratinocytes.
It is skin colored to deep brown in color and elevated. It has a stuck on appearance and can have comedo like opening which can look like black dots
As its commonly seen in older age group that is why your nurse said its seen in older men.
The treatment is simple, you can get it removed by cauterising the lesion( electrocautery or RF cautery)

Hope that helped.
Should there be any other query, please write back.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor