Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Have disc problem and back pain. Suggest exercise and diet plan

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Spine Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 116 Questions
Question uncle has disc problem.his L3,L4and L5 disc has degenerated and he has a lot of pain in his back even can not sit in a proper position how it can be controlled and what food and exercises he should take daily how can it be controlled....he also has a lot of pain in his legs also......
Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 37 minutes later

Thanks for the query.

I am sorry that your uncle is suffering with severe pain. As a spine surgeon, I can understand his symptoms.

Since he has severe pain, he will need a detailed evaluation by a spine specialist. Was the MRI scanning done in 2005? - If so, then repeat MRI is required. If clinically and radiologically problem is severe and related, he may require a non-conservative treatment.

Without the details of recent MRI reports, I am unable to comment further. Therefore can you post details of recent MRI report?

Awaiting your response...

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor