Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Have digestive problem with parasite in stomach. How to treat this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
Hi Doctor I have digestive problem and I have seen doctors but they don't seem to help me all the final test result came up negative but I really believe I have parasite worm in my lower belly .
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work I'm providing you with some information and recommendations.

The only way to diagnose a parasite in the intestines is to obtain a sample directly from the inside of the intestinal tract or from a stool sample.

Regarding H Pylori there is also a blood test which can be used to diagnose.

If you have symptoms which are consistent with a parasite you can ask your doctor to treat you with medication that would cover a typical parasite infection.

Depending on the position the doctor may prefer to have a convincing evidence including a positive test result for giving you antibiotics.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional follow-up concerns.

Dr. Robert
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor