Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Have diabetes. Suffering from chronic constipation and urine retention. Proper diagnosis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
Doctors are of the opinion that the size of my Prostate (25-30 grams) not the main cause for my urine retention.

Weak Bladder is also contributing to my problem.

I am also suffering from chronic constipation and have Diabetes for the last 20 years now.

I do not need medicine for urine formation.
Urine is getting formed but I am not able to pass urine and there is no pressure and at one time quantity is very low around 80-100 ml.

There is always post-void retention of approximately 150 ml.

Requesting you to please look into the matter and advise.
Posted Wed, 5 Dec 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 11 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.

I went through all your reports.

You have been examined well and the required tests have been carried out, including uroflowmetry and urodynamic studies.
In my opinion and as you have understood, you have defects in both the elements needed to produce a good urine flow.
To produce a good urine flow, coordination of bladder contraction and opening of the outlet are necessary.
1.     Bladder needs to generate enough pressure, once the process is initiated and at the same time, the bladder neck needs to relax to let the urine flow out of the bladder.
2.     There should be no obstruction.

Since there is prostatic enlargement to some extent, it is causing some obstruction to the flow. This is not all. Due to long standing diabetes, nerves have been affected, which is called AUTONOMIC NEUROPATHY.
The same problem is causing constipation.
How good is your erection? Are you involved in SUCH activities?
The combination of URIMAX and URIVOID is one of the best combinations available to tackle the problem.
It needs to be taken for a whole month and see the clinical result.
Hope this helps.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor