Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

164 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have diabetes. Sometimes penis skin get cuts and start peeing. What is the reason?

Answered by
Dr. Pratap VGM


Practicing since :2006

Answered : 869 Questions

Posted on Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Diabetes
Question: I have diabetes ( Fasting 111, PP 120 on medicine), sometimes cuts develop on my penis foreskin and it starts peeing. suggest treatment
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Balanitis suspected Detailed Answer: Dear sir Welcome to healthcare magic I completly reviewed your case, your blood sugars are well controlled and as per your symptoms that you have mentioned you might be suffering from balanitis, which is caused due to infection of outer skin of penis. It is common in patients with tight skin outside the penis, poor hygiene, uncontrolled diabetes and non circumscibed skin. It is usually caused due to unprotected sex also.. The causative organisms are commonly 1. Yeast 2. Fungus 3. Secondary bacterial infections The common terms of treatment involves 1. Anti fungal treatment like orally flucanazole and topically using clotrimazole cream for atleast a week 2, Oral and topical broad spectrum antibacterial creams like oflaxacin and nadifloxacin 3. Good personal hygiene 4. Adequate control of diabetes Note - sometimes uncontrolled and prolongednbalanitis may cause phimosis, that is narrowing of urinary tract which may require immediate attention. Hope this information is helpful Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
Medical Procedures

Recent questions on  Phimosis

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor. I am 21 years old. I cannot retract my foreskin completely because there is a small joint with the penis. Because of this incomplete retraction I think I have a little pain during intercourse whenever I try to push it fully inside. There are no issues related to urination. Is this phimosis, and if yes what should I do ? Is circumcision the only option ?

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor, I am a 26 years old male. I had to undergo circumcision due to congenital phimosis in june this year. A "Shang Ring" was placed on the cut line after the surgery and thus stitches were not needed. After 8 days of surgery, the ring detached partially and it began burning. So I visited my doctor but he could not notice it. In next two days the burning sensation aggravated and i again visited the doctor. This time he removed the ring and told me that edema had occurred at the cut line and that it would heal on its own. Now three months have passed but there is no improvement on edema. What should I do now? Please help me.

doctor1 MD

I am 31 years old and married for last 2 years. I am having phimosis. I have consulted physicians and they suggested surgery. But I was not very interested as I had never any problem with that and I wanted to avoid surgery. But recently I am feeling decline in sexual urge. It may be due to my job pressure as well, which has also contributed continuous back pain. I would also like to mention that I used to masturbate a lot. I am not sure if that has got any evil effect on me.

Please suggest on my problem.

doctor1 MD

My husband had a circumcision (he's 42) after phimosis all his life. It's been 8 months, and his glans are still too painful and sensitive to touch. He's says it feels like a toothache. I wonder if perhaps he had a low grade yeast infection under the foreskin for years going unnoticed. I read untreated yeast can grow rhizomes, and become more in the mold category, going under the top layer of skin in a woman's vagina, and having nearly no symptoms, other than vulva pain similar to what my husband is now describing. He has tried all pain meds for it, including ones for nerve pain. Suggestions on what this might be, other possibilities.... would be great.

doctor1 MD

I'm 25 and have never retracted foreskin from penis gland( mild phimosis ). When I do touch it it hurts( probably cuz I've never exposed my head in 25 years) 2 questions 1. Is preputioplasty good way to fix my problem ( since my penis head is...

doctor1 MD

Height- 5'10 Weight- 67KG Penile Measurement - Length: 5.9 - 6.0 inches Girth: 4.9 in the base, 4.5 just below the glans Dear Doctor, I am suffering from the below symptoms since June/2014. I am having penile pain and bend during erection in the...

doctor1 MD

My foreskin of penis covers all mt penis...I tried to pull it back at its head and kept it there for 1 day....but now it's hurting