Have dense body hair, moles on chest and body. How to get rid of this?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 31 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Long descriptive question. I have dense body hair and several regular looking brown and red moles on my chest and body. About a week ago, I felt a burst sensation, like a pimple popping, under my right breast area. The spot appears to scab and bleed periodically....but is not healing. Every time I shower, the scab comes off. Center of the spot looks like one of the red moles and around the edge it is pink, like a scab area after the crust falls off. I'm honestly not sure if this is a pimple I did not notice or if one of the red moles somehow popped. Have an appointment with primary care Dr. soon but am concerned about what this might be.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.
The condition can be impetigo,cherry angioma,squamous cell carcinoma ,sinus formation etc.

Also I would like to know-
Do you have it over the mole or it appeared spontaneously?
Do you have any other health issues /problems?
Are you on any drugs?
Are the moles recently changed color?Have they grown rapidly in recent time?
Do you have change in bowel/bladder habits?
Any weight gain or loss recently?
Is there any discharge from the lesion?
Is there any pain on the lesion?
How many times it has bleeding?
Can you upload photos of the affected area?

Answer the questions and upload the photos and we can continue the discussion here.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for up.

Regards.
DrSudarshan
Dermatology.

Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Also I would like to know-
Do you have it over the mole or it appeared spontaneously? - it appears to be over the mole

Do you have any other health issues /problems? - no problems, however am just getting over a nasal congestion/ear problem

Are you on any drugs? - I was on nassonex (sic) for the above. Nothing else

Are the moles recently changed color? - not to my knowledge

Have they grown rapidly in recent time? - no

Do you have change in bowel/bladder habits? - same pattern, but experienced a bout of diaraehha recently. But nothing alarming

Any weight gain or loss recently? - No

Is there any discharge from the lesion? - a clear liquid, like when a scab breaks too soon.

Is there any pain on the lesion?- no

How many times it has bleeding? - anytime I press around it. Otherwise it does not.

Can you upload photos of the affected area? - don't have ability to do that today. Friday perhaps.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 19 hours later
Hi again,
The details provided by you point towards either haemangioma or sinus formation.However the possibility of squamous cell carcinoma cannot be ruled out.As the images are not available further narrowing down on possibilities is not possible.
Upload the photographs and we can continue the discussion.
Regards.