Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Have deformed leg since birth. Grew up with tilted pelvis. Having pain when standing. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1976
Answered : 1872 Questions
I have had a deformed left leg since birth. It is two inches short of the left. My parents said I was apparently born that way. But they tell the story that when I was less the six months old I was severely ill with pneumonia symptons. I grew up with a tilted pelvis and now I have pain when I stand.
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 3 hours later

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your pain. Because of a wrong alignment stress has been there on one hip joint which is causing the pain to you. You must have undergone investigations and doctors must have suggested you some remedy. Two things that come to my mind are:
1. The condition of your hip joint: If it has been affected a lot then doctors must have suggested some solutions for it which you need to share.
2. Wearing some additional sole in the affected limb so that the pelvic tilt is corrected. Doctors must have ensured this in your younger age.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you all the best.


Rajiv K Khandelwal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor