Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Have dark skin patches, irritation and getting wet in hot temperature. Suggest some effective medicine

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
I have a dark skin patches, irritation and sometimes it gets wet in hot temperature. at inner thigh probably jock itches.
Need a medication.
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 2 hours later

The symptoms you told are indicating of a fungal infection due to hot weather and wearing clothes for long duration. It has to be confirmed by a doctor after physical examination.

The medication you need is Miconazole 2% cream to be applied locally twice daily.
Consult with skin specialist for confirmation of disease and further management. The dark patches can be because of constant itch and scratch. You need specific treatment for this as well.
Do let me know if you have more concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor