Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Have dark circles below eyes. Suggest some cream or medicine

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 988 Questions
I have dark circles below my eyes since very long.Please tell me some cream or any medicine to get rid off it
Posted Sun, 23 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 2 hours later

Thank you for posting your query,

Dark circles are multi-factorial,that means it has various causes like iron deficiency, lack of sleep,less water intake,sun exposure,stress,chronic illness ,fine lines around the eyes, familial reasons etc.Each one has to be dealt with.

Take plenty of water,good sleep,lot of XXXXXXX leafy vegetables,iron tab(fefol) etc.You can use de-pigmenting creams containing hydroquinone (of varying concentration) .One can also use tretinoin cream (0.025%) at night .Its very important to use a good sunscreen in day time at-least 3 time a day .Use a medicated broad brand sunscreen in daytime. Creams like kojic acid or vitamin c creams can also be used separately.

Procedures like Chemical peels can also be tried .The most specific peel is Argipeel .

Latest would be use of small tiny injections which would help filling the sunken area around the eyes.Also one can try lasers which are specific for pigmentation like Q-switched Nd:yag laser (1064nm).

Along with this improve your sleeping habits ,drink plenty of water ,use a good sunscreen daily and follow healthy life style .

You should understand that you may not get 100% result with any of the methods ,but improvement is what you should look at and try maintain what results you get.

Consult a dermatologist who can analyze all the causes and has latest facilities for the same.Since the above medications are prescription based medicines ,it would be good if you are under a dermatologist guidance.

Hope I've answered your query.

Should you have additional concern regarding the same ,I would be happy to address it.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor