Owl Image

Have dark circles below eyes. Suggest some cream or medicine

Dermatologist
Question
I have dark circles below my eyes since very long.Please tell me some cream or any medicine to get rid off it
Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 2 hours later
Hi!,

Thank you for posting your query,

Dark circles are multi-factorial,that means it has various causes like iron deficiency, lack of sleep,less water intake,sun exposure,stress,chronic illness ,fine lines around the eyes, familial reasons etc.Each one has to be dealt with.

Take plenty of water,good sleep,lot of XXXXXXX leafy vegetables,iron tab(fefol) etc.You can use de-pigmenting creams containing hydroquinone (of varying concentration) .One can also use tretinoin cream (0.025%) at night .Its very important to use a good sunscreen in day time at-least 3 time a day .Use a medicated broad brand sunscreen in daytime. Creams like kojic acid or vitamin c creams can also be used separately.

Procedures like Chemical peels can also be tried .The most specific peel is Argipeel .

Latest would be use of small tiny injections which would help filling the sunken area around the eyes.Also one can try lasers which are specific for pigmentation like Q-switched Nd:yag laser (1064nm).

Along with this improve your sleeping habits ,drink plenty of water ,use a good sunscreen daily and follow healthy life style .

You should understand that you may not get 100% result with any of the methods ,but improvement is what you should look at and try maintain what results you get.

Consult a dermatologist who can analyze all the causes and has latest facilities for the same.Since the above medications are prescription based medicines ,it would be good if you are under a dermatologist guidance.

Hope I've answered your query.

Should you have additional concern regarding the same ,I would be happy to address it.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.