Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Have cyst in different part of body. Should I go for surgery?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6247 Questions
I have cyst inside my skin on different parts of the body. I have one on my arm and that one doesnt pain however I have few on my back and legs which pains when I try to press them, I have earlier consulted a doctor regarding one on my arm and was prescribed that either I can have it removed by a surgery or let it be the way it is as it has no bad effects.

I just wanted to check ob the one's which pains on touching, please suggest.
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 40 hours later
Hello thanks for the query.
These multiple cysts must be lipomas.
These are harmless collection of fat cells.
Sometimes fine nerves get trapped in them and they cause pain.
However there is no actual damage to the nerves. So there is nothing to worry.
These lipomas grow for some time and then regress on their own.
According to me better to leave it as it is, surgery may cause formation of scar on the skin.
You can apply an analgesic gel on the lesions which pain.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor