Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have cramps around bladder, no pain while urinating. Done urine analysis. Do I need to see a physician sooner?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1962
Answered : 693 Questions
Hello, I had a urinalysis done two weeks ago and they said my urobilinogen is 2.0. I am having cramp like pains around my bladder. It doesn't hurt to urinate but the cramps are uncomfortable. They want me to follow up in a month but I am concerned. Do I need to see a physician sooner?
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Charles S Narasi 5 hours later
Hello, AAAAA
Urobilinogen represents a breakdown of hemoglobin.
It is is increased in liver diseases and also hemolytic
anemia where there is distruction of red blood cells.
The number that you have given us is 2.0 mg.
This is still normal. Anything over 2.00 ,then we have
to look for causes.At this point I would not be concerned.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor