Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Have cracked feet and face sweats after eating. Wondering if they are related

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

HIV AIDS Specialist
Practicing since : 1974
Answered : 2718 Questions
I have cracked feet. Also my face sweats after eating. I wonder if they are related
Posted Mon, 10 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 28 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
Face sweating after eating is not at all related to your crack foot. Some individual will have excessive sweating in some parts of body naturally as with arm pit or palms and feet etc. Obesity, climate variation, and other disorders are also related to excessive sweating.
With regards to your crack feet, it may be due to lack of natural oil secretion of your skin (sebum) or excessive walking, sporting etc. walking on garden or mud bare foot or plantar psoriasis etc.

Applying a moisturizing cream, Salicylic acid containing ointments and protective foot wear etc will minimize your problem.
If it is due Psoriasis, the treatment will be different and prolonged.
If you could send me a picture, I would be in a better position to help you as far as the cracked feet are concerned.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 7 hours later

Pleased to answer your feedback question.

I saw the pictures of your feet. It does not look like Psoriasis as per the pictures. The edge of the foot with the thickened skin and cracks will become better with moisturizing creams and Salicylic acid preparations. Whereas few area of the feet with peeling of skin with redness, one should rule out the possibility of fungal infection of the foot also.

Your dermatologist will do certain investigations like skin scrapping and culture to rule out fungal infection and arrive at correct conclusion. So kindly consult your physician and get well soon.

Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor