Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Have corn in my foot. Is there any treatment other than operation?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 129 Questions
Hello doctor,
i have around 6 to 7 Corn in my foot and its pain me a lot i took all medicine but it is not going my family doctor is telling me to get operate i want to ask is operation is safe if safe then which specialist doctor should i consult.
Thanking you, XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Jawad Shahzad 59 minutes later

Thanks for the query.

I can understand your concerns; if the doctor you are seeing is sure that it's definitely a corn then you are right, they can be very resistant to treatment.

The most important thing in treating corns is to remove the factor which is causing it. Because in almost all the cases there is a factor like increased friction, ill fitted footwear, may be a profession like gardener or a farmer and also sometimes the abnormal anatomy of the foot by itself which can be the cause.

So my point is that as long as these factors are not considered they will regrow, even after surgery. Therefore, though surgery can be useful, it is not a very good option as long as the causative factors are addressed.

If you want to see a specialist then a podiatrist or chiropodist will be the right person to seek advice from.

I hope you'll find the information helpful; if you have any other query then I would be happy to answer.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor