Thanks for your query.
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.
Important aspects of your query are:
• 26 year old female
• Known case of hypothyroidism: currently controlled
• Complaints of: Ataxia (to the point of having falls), slurred speech, fatigue
, lack of co-ordination and chronic insomnia
• Currently on: DHEA and Multivitamins
Her case is interesting and but difficult too. Even your attending physician is facing problem to solve it. I will try to give my best effort to help you in this problem.
I would like to consider multiple possibilities in following hierarchy:
• Neurological problem: She may need MRI brain. Following problems can present with above symptoms: Parkinson
disease, Old stroke and Dementia
. Hope neurologist
had ruled out these issues.
• Vitamin deficiency: She is already on multivitamins.
• Thyroid related problem: It is already under control.
• Side effect of substance use: considering her age, it is least possible.
• Depressive disorder: need to be rule out by detailed interview by psychiatrist
, which is left in her case. History of thyroid problem also increases chances of having depression
. Depression usually present with low mood, decrease movement, decrease talk and insomnia.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.
Wish you good health.
Dr Ashish XXXXXXX Mittal