Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have controlled diabetes. Noticed clotted blood in urine after intercourse. Worrisome

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
after intercourse, while trying to urinate, a blood in a clotted form with very some flakes of dried blood proceeded my urine stream. this has never happened before I am in good health Good B/P not over weight, diabetic with good sugar control. I exercise regularly
Could this be a benign situation since it only happened 3 days ago and no sex since the incident and no further discharges and a clear urine stream?
Mon, 20 May 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 5 hours later
Welcome to the forum.
If i were to treat you, I will do a physical examination to check for any local problem in the penis.
If i do not find anything, i will do a urine analysis, urine culture ad ultrasound scan to check for stones, infection or a tumor mass.
Bleeding at this age should not be ignored and should be evaluated.
Best regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor