Have constipation. Taking hydrocodon actaminorphin and ducosate sodium. Is it correct medicine?

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Constipation
Question: i have a constipation since sunday. i was taking hydrocodon acetaminorphin 10 325 and ducosate sodium 100 mg soft gel , no result what is next suggestion only question is yesterday i had 3 colase, and only once hydrocodon what is next to do XXXXX XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Detailed answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. Hydrocodone is known to cause constipation. Docusate sodium is a stool softener. But docusate sodium alone will not be effective in relieving constipation. As a next step you can take lactulose (15-30 ml twice a day). This is very effective in relieving constipation due to hydrocodone. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini