Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Have constipation. Got anus infection due to scratching. Used supossitorys. Proper medication?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1962
Answered : 693 Questions
all started got constupaied and used fleet enamas to go then i think i scratched my anus and got a infection be cause it itches like crazy now i am using supositorys to help it slide out so my butt can heal but its not getting any better it is horrible !! please tell me what to do I stay constupatied all the time thats why i use the enimas oh and my stomach digest really hard
after i eat i am in great health 6foot 190lbs and sometimes i feel like i am bloated and cant burp is this all the same thing
Thu, 31 Jan 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Charles S Narasi 36 minutes later
You are a young man and experiencing symtoms of
Irritable Bowel Syndrome, constipation predominant.
This is a Brain-Gut interaction through a hormonal
mechanism, a serotonin related. What it does is, it
slows down your colon contractions and make it
hard to go and your stools are lumpy or harder.
This may be aggravated by your dietary habits like
lack of adquate fiber intake and fluid intake. You
need to eat whole grain cereal cereals, nuts and seeds
and fresh vegetables along with an adequate amount
of water. If your stool is very hard, you can start taking
some stool softeners such as Colace or Surfak daily.
To start to be regular, you can take a PEG solution,
(Polyethylene Glycol) such as Miralax. Start with 2-3
tablespoons a day till you start having diarrhea and then
start cutting back till you have regular movements.
As for the irritation around the rectum , from hemorrhoids,
you can use over the counter creams (Preparation-H or similar)
that contain 5-10% hydrocortisone along with a local anesthetic.
You can ask the pharmacist for recommendations.
Regular excercise will be helpful as well. Try to sit on the toilet
everyday at the same time whether you have the urge or not.
This will help you to regulate. If you have any significant bleeding,
please see a proctologist or a colo-rectal specialist.
I wish you well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor