Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Have cold, cough. X-ray showed mild reticular haze in bilateral lung fields. Is this serious? Diet plan?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 540 Questions
My chest x-ray PA viewsreported Mild reticular haze in bilateral lung fields. Left CP angles appears rounded pleural thickening. Others like Hila,Domes of diaphragm,bony ribs are normal.
Is it a serious matter /is it and my Ascites is curable.
.I would like to mentioned here that since my child hood days I am a Chronic patient of cough and cold. I do not smoke or consume alcohol etc.
What should be proper diet for Ascites patients like me. Should I eat non-veg items like Eggs and fresh water Fishes of Small sizes to compensate Protein requirement of the body.Though I am a non vegetarianism but I've stopped consuming these items now a days.
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 10 hours later

Your ascites is related to the fact that you have a shrunken and coarse liver.
This is not a reversible condition under most circumstances.
However with medication and with diet control, the ascites can be kept under control under the supervision of your gastroenterologist.

The diet control is mainly restriction of salt, you do not need to control protein intake in the body.

The x-ray findings are probably related to the ascites or may be because of chronic cough that you have suffered.

As of now you don't need to do any special intervention for that as they seem to be chronic changes.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor