Have clusters of bumps on hands and arms. How to cure this?

Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani

Posted on Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Skin Rash
Question: I have clusters of bumps on my hands and arms. Pumps are itchy and will come and go but the bumps almost leave a imprint or scar. What is this?
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 4 hours later

I have seen the image sent by you.

It seems that this bumps are due to either allergic reaction to something or infection in skin.

The reason for allergy could be any substance which comes in contact frequently, may some cream, chemical etc.

Skin infection can also occur due to any reason.

Itching leads to damage to layer of skin and leaves a scar.

Please visit your primary care physician and get treated for this.

You need anti allergic drugs first and then if it does not respond a course of antibiotics later.

Avoid applying anything over the area in mean time. With treatment you will be fine.

I hope this helps and clarifies your concern.

Wishing you great health.

Dr.Pragnesh