Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Have clot on arm. Getting pain when pressure is applied. Precaution to be taken?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 561 Questions
hello doctor! I have a clot on my right arm from a very long time probably months long and creating a very slight pain when applied pressure and seems to be varying in size periodically so please let me know what it might be and suggest precautions to be taken
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 43 minutes later
Hi, welcome XXXXXXX and thanks for writing in.
I would like to know few details of clot. Because any precautions or advise is depends on previous condition.
1. What kind of clot it was? Arterial or venous or superficial,?
2. What was the exact location of clot in arm?
3. Have you investigated it and taking any medication.
4. Do you have any swelling over arm.

It will be possible to decide management or advise depending on this history.
Looking forward for your response.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have clot on arm. Getting pain when pressure is applied. Precaution to be taken? 45 minutes later
its a superficial clot and looks like a slight bulge when is located below the arm at the middle,no I havent taken medication for it.There is only this bulge and no swelling at the rest of the arm.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 3 hours later
Hi welcome back XXXXXXX
From the description of lesion it doesn't look like a clot. It possibly a benign lesion most likely a small lipoma or ganglion in tendon of muscle. There is periodic variation in size of lesion. It is one of the feature of ganglion.
At present no need to worry too much. Please consult your surgeon for proper examination of lesion. Ultrasonography of that lesion will delineate the exact nature. After that further management can be decided.

Hope I have answered your query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor