Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Have cirrhosis. Abdominal surgery done. Test showed high cholesterol level. Proper treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1989
Answered : 883 Questions
i was diagnosed with cirrhosis in november 12 hademergencey galbladder surgery. three golfball stones. full abdominal surgery. the surgeon said my liver was hard over sized and scared. I do not have insurance till 3/1/2013 so i am finally going to a spealcialist. i am having many
new symptoms abdomanal pain between ribs aches hard mass felt. now the last several days i have leg calf pain at night. i have body itching.i have not been told what stage i have. only told to not consume much protien. i also have a disability rsd right upper extremity. cervicle implant stimulator. my eyes have been watering alot and am on many rx for the chronic pain , now no antinflamatories. all blood test continue rising although i do not no what the numbers meen. and all the sudden i have very high cholesteral. can you tell me how far or what stage you think i might be, and what to eat?
i do not have hepititus smooth muscle heriditary iron exposure . my brain surgeon said it was caused by my meds is there a test to prove this. for my workers comp injury to pay?
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 1 hour later
thanks for writing in.
The symptoms you have described are suggestive of deteriorating liver function. You need to get admitted to hospital under the care of agastroenterologist . You need to undergo aseries of blood investiagtions . This should be followed by correction of as much functions as possible. The kidney function also needs to be assessed and acontinuous monitoring is amust as there is chance of hepatorenal syndrome developing in patients suffering from a fall in liver function. If untreated there is a chance of developing coma. So I would advise you to seek advise at the earliest.
I hope this answers your querry regarding the severity of the problem
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor