Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Have chronic sinus infection and sweating with normal body temperature. What is causing this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
my body temperature has been below normal with massive sweating for over three years what causes this? I also have chronic sinus infections
Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
Hypothermia or low temperatures below normal occurs when your body loses heat faster than it produces it. The most common causes of hypothermia are exposure to cold-weather conditions or cold water. But prolonged exposure to any environment colder than your body can lead to hypothermia if you aren't dressed appropriately or can't control the conditions.
It can develop secondary to toxin exposure, metabolic derangements, infections, and dysfunction of the central nervous and endocrine systems. Hypoadrenalism
Hypopituitarism, Hypothyroidism, Wernicke’s disease, Sepsis are considerations to be considered when cold weather or cold water have been excluded. An evaluation by an internist could be very useful. In your case, proper thyroid function test is required, to actually set real targets for monitoring of treatment. Compliance in this case should actually be highly considered, for it shall determine therapeutic success.
meningitis, brain abscesses or mastoiditis. Special X rays at given incidences (Hirtz and Blondeau) are required to check whether there is any collection of pus or not, for t might require surgical drainage in some cases. With a past history of sinus surgeries in your case, it could be important to check for an allergic component. Allergic rhinitis if discovered and treated, could reduce frequency and intensity of these sinus crises. Ct scans and rhinoscopies might be required to exclude polyps.
Consult your ENT specialist for proper evaluation and treatment.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor