Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Have chronic infection. USG showed enlarged heterogeneous epididymis. Any permanent cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 10272 Questions
hello sir
I have a lump on my left epidiymis of left testicle and i consulted doctor and he has told me that it is chronic infection and advised for USG and blood test . My blood test report came normal and in USG i found that i have enlarged heterogeneous left epididymis with little swollen and right epidymis cyst and both testicle are normal in size ,shape,outline and position with homogeneous parenchyma and no focal lesion is seen and small fluid is seen in both sacs.

Doctor has prescribed me Roxid 150 mg for 5 days. antibiotic medicine.

I am very worried for my problem.please advice me that which medicines i can take for permanent cure?

Posted Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 5 hours later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Epididymitis is inflammation of the epididymis.It can be classified as acute (if the symptoms such as pain and swelling occur over a period of days) or chronic (pain and inflammation last more than 6 weeks)

When this is suspected, the investigations include the tests mentioned as well as urinalysis and testing of any discharge that may be present.

In chronic infection a long course of antibiotics (for 4 to 6 weeks) may be prescribed .
There are different antibiotics that may be used depending on the presentation and the lab results
In addition to the use of antibiotics, it is also recommended that you (1) reduce physical activity (2)use anti-inflammatory agents such as cataflam or ibuprofen (3) ice packs if necessary (4) elevation and support of the scrotum

You should continue the antibiotic given by your doctor, use an anti- inflammatory to aid it.Your doctor may consider extending the antibiotics if the infection does not resolve.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor