Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

129 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have chronic back pain. Suggest some medication

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Spine Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 116 Questions
I have chronic back pain and it is getting worse by the day what medication or exercise do you suggest?
Wed, 12 Dec 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 1 hour later
Degenerative disorders of spine (which may lead to chronic back pain) is actually a price paid by human race for walking erect. In process of evolution to bipedal gait no extra strength to spine came. As a consequence human spine starts degenerating from an early age of 20. The following measures may help to reduce your problem.

1. Weight reduction if you have extra weight.

2. Proper sitting position- Sit with back totally supported and never bend forward

3. Back extension exercises to strengthen the back muscle. You can consult a physiotherapist who would be able to suggest the particular exercises.

4. Finally you can consult a physician to get examined clinically and may need MRI if he suggests.
Hope this helps. Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon