Owl Image

Have chronic back pain. Suggest some medication

Spine Surgeon
Question
I have chronic back pain and it is getting worse by the day what medication or exercise do you suggest?
Wed, 12 Dec 2012 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX
Degenerative disorders of spine (which may lead to chronic back pain) is actually a price paid by human race for walking erect. In process of evolution to bipedal gait no extra strength to spine came. As a consequence human spine starts degenerating from an early age of 20. The following measures may help to reduce your problem.

1. Weight reduction if you have extra weight.

2. Proper sitting position- Sit with back totally supported and never bend forward

3. Back extension exercises to strengthen the back muscle. You can consult a physiotherapist who would be able to suggest the particular exercises.

4. Finally you can consult a physician to get examined clinically and may need MRI if he suggests.
Hope this helps. Thank you.