Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Have chest heaviness. Blood test, X-ray and ECHO normal. Have Obstructive Sleep Apnea. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 2254 Questions
Hi, I have chest heaviness from last 2 months on walking and physical activity. Had blood tests, Stress Echo, Chest Xray- they came negative but heaviness still there. Have Obstructive Sleep Apnea!! Not sure whether I should go for CT Scan?
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
First,treat obst.sleep.apnea,then,to think ct-scan

Detailed Answer:

I have read your concerns and am sorry for the situation you are in. At the same time, I am happy to hear that you do not have any serious problem with your heart, lungs and blood disorders.

The chest heaviness you are having might be related to obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) for which you should follow the advice given by your doctor regarding your lifestyle and diet regimen.

If I were your caring doctor, would suggest to take proper measurement regarding the OSA, and then, later on to think over ct-Scan as for the moment being, I do not see any indicative sign to run such test.

Hope it answered to your inquiry!


p.s. if you have other concern, please write back to me!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have chest heaviness. Blood test, X-ray and ECHO normal. Have Obstructive Sleep Apnea. What should I do? 5 hours later
also in terms of other misc details - I am 165 lbs/5 ft 11 inch tall. Not obese, no history of alcohol/ smoking. Sometimes i get heaviness on running even 0.25 miles on treadmill and after rest on restarting I don't feel it for 1.25 miles... It's strange and I am worried a lot!!
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the following suggestions...

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome again,

First of all, do not worry too much. You can consult a pneumologist, do the respiratory testing and if the pneumologist is ok to run ct-scan.

I'd suggest to consult a neurologist also to exclude local neurological problems and to run neurological tests.

If everything ok, can go for psychological consultation.

Wish everything will be resolved!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor