Have cervical problems. Has neural foraminal stenosis. On lyrica. Why do I also have problem breathing?
Approx. 4-6 weeks after the MVA, I had severe breathing problems. My neck swelled. I was diagnosed with Lymphocytic thyroiditis. (left side). I had no history of thyroid problems. My thyroid T levels were normal but my Thyrogloblin was 329.0 HI. The surgeon wanted to wait until the inflammation settled down but because the CT showed a fat plane between a large mass and the thyroid, which could be "an extra thyroid mass" or "exophytic mass arising from the thyroid"; he changed his mind and my thryoid was removed shortly after. The surgeon was concerned the extra mass would separate and then they would not know where it went, posing a risk factor since he thought it might be cancer. The pathology showed the mass was benign.
I always believed my thyroid problems were triggered by the MVA. I had nothing wrong prior to the accident. It seemed more than a coincidence. Could the seatbelt have caused this to happen? Was the inflammation caused by the accident? Were the events leading to my thyroid removal caused by the accident?
Need to understand.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of Neural foraminal stenosis
- Non impinging neural foraminal stenosis
- Neural foraminal stenosis causes
- Treatment and cure for Neural foraminal stenosis
- Bilateral neural foraminal stenosis
- Diagnosis of Neural foraminal stenosis
- Neural foraminal stenosis icd 9
- What is mild bilateral neural foraminal stenosis
- Drugs/medication for Neural foraminal stenosis
- Mild neural foraminal stenosis c6
- Thyroid problem,unable to conceive,hormone deficiency
- How are headaches and vitiligo treated ?
- Feel cold, lightheadedness, memory problems, foggy thinking,...
- Hypothyroidism due to Hashimoto's thyroiditis, taking Thyronorm. Do you...
- Underweight, taken dexamethasone. How can I gain weight?
- What can be done for a high blood sugar? Have frequent urination.
- Had hormone imbalance. Used androgel when testosterone went down. Will...
- Have a postprandial hypoglycemic reaction to foods with carbs. Gaining...
- Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. Is Armour thyroid or Erfa thyroid better...
- Cold feeling after eating sugar. Headache, fever, BP high, have...