Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Have cervacal spondylosis. MRI showed osteoporosis. Next what?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Neurologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 65 Questions
I have cervacal spondylosis and in need 2 disc opp/ dr 1 disc narrowing and compressing on the spinal cord C3/4? 1 disc problem C6/7 protrusion? MRI/CT/E-Ray show or reveals some osteoperosis C1/C2, C3/4 problem, C5/C6?, C7? also, right bracalgia/clavical broken and bony fragments. How do i proceed to fix this if posible and what would be the cost differential if with public or private health insurance/how do i insure and who do i see next? My TDR be referring me to psychologist, MRI/CT - Ultrasound, X-Ray, PMS and is very good and I like.

I like my TDR and would like to stay with her without having any problems. My TDR I feel is somewhat hesitant and I need not to Dr shop and have this removed from my record, how do I do this if possible? I also would like my TDR to have authority to increase my medication, valium to 3/day x 2 and durodesic to 2/3 day 100mcg/ hr without having any problems.

I also need for my TDR not to feel like having to have to reduce my medication and no to have any concearns at all about anything in relation to me. I also like to keep my appointments and instructions as/my TDR and aswell, it is important that i have quality of life and minimal pain and improve move - ment without having to rely on medications. I am no sure about orth/nero surgery, ie if it will work and costs ...

Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shivakumar S. Kupanur 19 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

I gone through your history and reports attached. You are having degenerative spine disease at multiple levels with Arthropathy. Currently, you are depending on many medications for pain relief.

After going through your report, I feel, you do not require any surgical intervention at this stage. However, it needs clinical examination to come to any conclusion exactly. I would suggest you to consult a Neurosurgeon for detailed physical examination so that correct decision can be taken. The cost of treatment and insurance policies vary from country to country. Therefore, you need to consult about it with your treating doctor.

Regarding the change in medication, only the treating doctor has authority to increase or decrease the dose of medication depending on your requirement. It is better you go as per your doctor's advice.

I think you also need to visit Psychologist for your dependency on many medications for pain.

Regarding your shoulder concern, Orthopedician will help you to solve this concern.

Right now, pain medication, physiotherapy and the rest are treatment options.

I hope, this answers your query. I will be available for follow up queries if any.

I wish you speedy recovery.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor