Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Have caliectasis and cyst in kidney. Urine test showed elevated neutrophils. Should I consult nephrologist?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 661 Questions
I have a simple kidney cyst 6.5cm on my right kidney and a caliectasis in the lower pole of my left kidney where I had a cyst last year. My PCP didn't mention anything about either. should I follow up with a Nephrologist. He did refer me to My GI due to an echogenic focus on the liver which may be related to a hemangioma. I have a PMH of PBC and My LFT's were only slightly elevated. All other labs were normal CBC and basic metabolic panel. Urine only showed elevated neutrophils.
Posted Mon, 22 Oct 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query

Simple kidney cysts are usually harmless and often ignored until they become symptomatic that is why you PCP didn't mentioned about it. The caliectasis appeared is also non-significant until symptomatic and self resolves with adequate hydration. Therefore it is suggested to carry on with your current problem with GI doctor as your priority should be the chronic problem.

If you still have some queries, feel free to ask

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Nephrologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor