Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Have burns and scar tissue in throat. Should I go for surgery?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 2549 Questions
I saw an ENT in Seattle, I have burns and scar tissue in my throat from a floor sealer. Will I recover or will I need surgery to remove tissue. it feels like something is stuck in my throat and I can't talk
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 4 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. You need a get a videolaryngoscopy done. A flexible or rigid esophagoscopy will be contra-indicated in case of fresh corrosive burns.

2. How long ago did this happen?

3. The need for removal of scar tissue and debridement will depend upon the extent of the damage and the time elapsed since the injury.

4. You may share an endoscopic video of your throat and larynx for further advice.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor