Have burning penis and noticed pink spotting after urination. Am I having bladder infection?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 6 Feb 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi, I have had a cold for a bit but on the mend ... last night I strained alot at a BM and I thought I saw a couple of spots of very lighly colored pink on the paper from my penis.. My urine has had no off color. Tonight I can a small bit of puss with bright red spot in it. Again my urine is not colored but looking clear. I have been under a huge stress load for months ... I had about 3 weeks where I thought had a bladder infection but the symptoms passed. Anyway now I am worried. My email is YYYY@YYYY . There has been a very slight burning.

Thank You
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later

Based on the facts that you have posted, it appears that you have Acute Urinary Tract Infection. Following tests will be of great help to conclude and diagnose your problem.

1) Routine Urine Test.
2) Urine culture and sensitivity this will help us to know the nature of organisms and the antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.
3) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen to know the status of the Kidneys, Bladder and possibility of any Urolithiasis (Stones), Prostate enlargement.etc.

Reports of these entire tests will be available in a day or two.

In the meanwhile, you may consider taking antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin twice daily along with Urinary antiseptics like Nitrofurantoin twice daily with Urine Alkaliser. Please get them prescribed by your water as well.

Once you get the reports consult a skilled Urologist for proper evaluation and further treatment.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks with regards.

Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E