Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Have bumps on scalp. What could it be and cure to be done?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
I'm a 28 year old healthy male with a question about something I have seen since I was 13. I have 3 strange bumps on the top of my head, on my scalp. I was only able to photograph one because of my hair but they all look and feel very similar. I have attached two photos of it.

It does not plague me other than someone notices it that is cutting my hair or something. I once had a doctor when I was 13 tell me that they were nothing to worry about. I would assume that all these years later that would be true, but, I would still like to know what they are and how I could get rid of them.

Thank you!!
Posted Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 days later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
These look like what is called sebaceous cysts and they are very common in the scalp.
The very fact that it has not grown itself means that it is not serious.
You need to consult when.
1. There is bleeding when combing the hair.
2. Size increases.
3. THERE IS severe pain, which means it is infected.
Otherwise, there is nothing to worry.
Hope this helps. Kindly revert back for doubts if any.
Best Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor