Have bumps on scalp. What could it be and cure to be done?

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I'm a 28 year old healthy male with a question about something I have seen since I was 13. I have 3 strange bumps on the top of my head, on my scalp. I was only able to photograph one because of my hair but they all look and feel very similar. I have attached two photos of it.

It does not plague me other than someone notices it that is cutting my hair or something. I once had a doctor when I was 13 tell me that they were nothing to worry about. I would assume that all these years later that would be true, but, I would still like to know what they are and how I could get rid of them.

Thank you!!
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 days later
Hi
Welcome to XXXXXXX
These look like what is called sebaceous cysts and they are very common in the scalp.
The very fact that it has not grown itself means that it is not serious.
You need to consult when.
1. There is bleeding when combing the hair.
2. Size increases.
3. THERE IS severe pain, which means it is infected.
Otherwise, there is nothing to worry.
Hope this helps. Kindly revert back for doubts if any.
Best Regards
DR GS