Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Have bump under skin and feels like bruise. How to treat this?

Dec 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1704 Questions
have a bump under skin...almost feels like a bruise but it is not....and a red line running up my left arm
Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later

Thank you for posting on HCM
This sounds to me like a developing abscess or cellulitis. This due to staph/strep infection as a result of a small bridge on your skin (it must not be obvious to you) You will need a doctor to take a closer look to find out its extend and also decide on what to place you on. If the bump is not too big and not too painful, it will evolve on its own with you needing to treat it. But if it is very swollen and painful you will need a course of antibiotics such cloxacillin or azithromycin associated to an antiinflammatory. With this you can expect complete resolution or development into an abscess (pus collection) which will require subsequent incision and drainage by a surgeon/doctor.

If you have any more questions, please free to write by for clarifications.
Wish you the best and a quick recover

Dr Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor