Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Have bump on penis. Feel irritated. Suggestions?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9576 Questions
I have a little bump, almost like an ingrown hair on the underside of my penis and below that area is a little irritated. what do you suggest i do?
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 34 minutes later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have what is called as Sebaceous Cyst
The Penile skin is XXXXXXX in sebaceous glands and hence prone to get more sebaceous cyst due to accumulation of sebum beneath the skin.
Normally they fade away without treatment however they need to be treated if increase in size or get infected.
Please consult qualified General Surgeon for clinical evaluation You may need to take antibiotic for couple of days if persists or increases in size you may need to get it excised under local anaesthesia by a general surgeon.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor