Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Have bump on buttock and filled with fluid in it. How to get rid of it?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
I have a bump on my right buttock and it appears to have a clear to slightly white fluid in it. How do I get rid of it?
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possibly a boil

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query.
The lesion you mentioned could be a boil.
Possibly a furuncle or pilonidal cyst.
Because of infection it will contain pus and little blood in it.
You once consult gynecologist, get examined to find out the actual nature of the lesion.
Then with her advice you can go for antibiotics, local antibiotic and anti - inflammatory creams, analgesics etc.
This will help in decreasing the symptoms.
As a house hold measure you can go for sitz bath with XXXXXXX warm water and little amount of disinfectant like dettol added in it.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor