Have bulky uterus with thickened endometrium. Meaning?

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: hello
I would like to know, what do the following mean.

Bulky uterus
thickened endometrium (14mm)
cervix is bulky and shows few nabothian cysts, each measures 5 mm, 6mm, 4 mm
right ovary shows 1.9 * 1.8 cms simple cyst with XXXXXXX echoes
left ovary shows 1.0 * 1.0 cms simple cyst with XXXXXXX echoes
minimal free fluid seen in POD
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 14 minutes later

The report is suggesting:
Size of the uterus is bigger than normal.
Endometrial thickness increased. (Normal up to 8 to 9 mm).
Hypertrophied cervix and nabothian cysts suggesting chronic pelvic infection.
Both ovaries are having cysts. Appearing as benign cysts.
The XXXXXXX echoes can be possibly because of hemorrhage into the cyst during ovulation or because of endometriosis.
Free fluid in pouch of XXXXXXX suggests ovulation or sometimes pelvic inflammatory disease.
So if you correlate your clinical features with ultrasound findings the exact cause of the changes can be made out and treatment can be taken accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.