Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

198 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have bruise like spots on ankle. How to get rid of it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
i have a bruise like XXXXXXX on my left ankle but its not a bruise, i also have smallers bruise like marking on my right foot
Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 hours later

Can you please describe this XXXXXXX in more detail?
Are these marks cluster of tiny red spots?
Are you on any medications or suffer from any disease?
Does that disappear on pressure? What is its size?
Since how long do you take Aspirin and what is the dose?

Please provide details, so that I can answers better.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have bruise like spots on ankle. How to get rid of it? 26 hours later
On the left leg its on the ankle and its a round bruise like XXXXXXX more dark brown and on the right leg its towards the front of the ankle reddish bruise they dont fade when pressed on. I only take cholesterol medicine lipanthyl 300 and an aspirin daily dose of 81 mg
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 8 hours later

Thanks for the inputs.

In cases of unexplained bruise like skin marks without any trauma, one needs to investigate the coagulation status of the blood. Usually these kinds of bruises occur due to subcutaneous tiny hemorrhages which don't fade on pressure.

There can be various causes which can cause such hemorrhages. In your case it is very likely to be due to aspirin, which is a blood thinner and prolongs blood clotting time. I would suggest you to see a physician to get clinical examination done. The doctor may initially want to check your platelet count, bleeding and clotting time. In cases like yours, the really worry is of XXXXXXX bleeds, which might go unnoticed for long. So, early medical attention is suggested.

Hope I have answered your query. Please ask if you want me to explain anything.

Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist