Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Have brown spots on skin. Suggest a good sun block cream to reduce spots

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
i have brown spots on my skin, freckles....
have a sales job, even though have my car but still exposure to sun is there
Please suggest a good sun block, some cream etc to reduce spots. Do i need to take any medication
I want this to clear away as it looks very ugly and is increasing with time
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 19 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.
Freckles occur due to genetic tendency and sun exposure
To Treat the same
use a sunscreen with SPF 30 ( suncote or shadowz)
avoid sun esp between 10 AM and 4 PM
apply kojivit cream in morning and skinlite cream in night. Make it a point to apply these creams in very little amount as these can irritate skin. If in case any redness develops, witthold application of these creams.

I would also advise that you consult a dermatologist to take session of spot TCA Peels or take laser sessions like IPL sessions to get better response

Hope that helps. Should there be any other query, feel free to write back.
Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor