Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Have brown and black spots in vagina like freckles and moles. What is it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
I have brown/black spots in vagina;like freckles/moles?
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.
Brief answer...Without physical examination,it is not possible to comment on it.
Detailed answer..
It can be a freckle also.
It can be a vaginal melanoma also and specially if you are having any bleeding,discharge,irritation etc.
The best would be to go to a gynecologist and get it physically examined to have the proper diagnosis.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any  further query.
Best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have brown and black spots in vagina like freckles and moles. What is it? 34 hours later
Thank you very much indeed for reply;I noticed now whilst in the shower that one of them appears slightly raised,that ok?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 29 minutes later
A gynecologist examination should be able to tell the possible differential diagnosis and future course of action.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor