Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have bone-like structure on penis. What is it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 567 Questions
Dear sir,

I have noticed a bone like structure out of place on my left hand side of the penis. When I touch it, it does feel soft but like hard and boney.

Could you tell me what could this be? I attach photos for you.
Sorry I mean it does not feel soft but hard like a bone.
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later

I am Dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your needs.

Based from the information and the image you are looking at the corpus spongiosum, its like a spongy elastic tissues and it will grow and feel hard as bone when its filled with blood.

Nothing to worry it pretty normal.

Please feel free to contact me in case of any further concern.

Thanks for the query.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor