Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have boils on penis. How to remove this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
i am having boils on my penis. before my last intercourse, my wife has applied veet to remove her pubic hairs. during intercourse she felt burning sensation in his vaginal area. After few dues, i have developed boils on my penis also. Please advise.
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for the query,
It might be very appropriate to have a proper clinical evaluation. Excluding an inflammatory component could be very important, for this can alter treatment options. Local creams as well as injectable treatment could be used.
Depending on the intensity of the boils, it could determine the type and duration of antibiotherapy.
It might also be necessary for you to advise your spouse to go for consultation.
An appropriate diagnosis and clinical appreciation should determine appropriate treatment.
I strongly recommend you visit your primary care physician for proper medical care. However, do not hesitate asking further questions if need be.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have boils on penis. How to remove this? 29 minutes later
Thanks Doc,
I don't feel any burning sensation except visual symptoms. My wife is using candid v cream for her treatment. What is the possible disease?
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 11 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the query,
The visual symptoms must not certainly be related to the genital signs and symptoms. Candid V could be appropriate for your wife for it contains an antibiotic, an anti inflammatory drug and an anti fungal. However, it would still very appropriate for her to visit the gynecologist in case she faces any new problems, or has persistence or recurrence of the symptoms.
The boils certainly contain pus ,a probable bacterial infection. a clinical evaluation needed to ascertain predisposing factors. I think it s a bacterial infection, but a clinical evaluation as still valid.
Thanks and best regards. Waiting for further questions if any,
Best regards, Luchuo, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor