Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Have bloody semen. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
I have bloody semen.
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is a chance

Detailed Answer:

Semen can be mixed with blood when the fluid from prostate mixes with it while it passes through the urethra. At your age the enlargement of prostate is quite common and as it is fully supplied by blood there is a chance of capillary leak. This adds color to the semen.

If it recurs again or uncontrolled bleed please see the local PCP or get a referral to a Urologist. Single occurence is not to be worried about.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor