Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Have blood pressure 152/105. What does this show? Precautions?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 1337 Questions
I am male and my age is 35 I had my bp checkup today and it was 152/105 is it too high and what precaution I need to take
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
This is a high reading but I have suggestions.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcare magic.
This reading is high but it would be advisable to take some more readings to make a better assessment. I suggest taking your blood pressure three times a day for a week. This will give a better and more accurate picture.
You are relatively young to have hypertension. There are some lifestyle changes that can lower a raised blood pressure. These are:
- If you are overweight then reducing your weight
- Following a low-salt diet with plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables
- Regular exercise
- Stop smoking
- Reduce your caffeine intake
- Relaxation therapies and yoga
Once you have some more blood pressure measurements, then consult your doctor for advice. A blood pressure consistently above 140/90 would be considered high.
I hope this has been of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have blood pressure 152/105. What does this show? Precautions? 44 hours later
skin boils (abscesses) with pus filled and very painfull lasts around 10 days. recently visited skin doc and used some antibiotic then too getting them repeatedly recently had unproteced sex and does that of any reason for this. pls suggest cure for this and tedts that I need undergo
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is not my specialist area.

Detailed Answer:
This is not my specialist area. Therefore, I am not the most appropriate doctor to give you the best advice for this complaint.
I suggest you close this query and post a new query.
Dr K A Pottinger,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor