Have blood clot in mouth on the side and on lip. What does this mean?
In cases of unexplained blood clot without any trauma one needs to investigate the coagulation status of the blood. Usually these kind of clots occur due to subcutaneous/sub-mucosal tiny hemorrhages.There can be various causes which can cause such hemorrhages.You will have to first rule out first accidental biting.If that's not the case then I think you should see a physician to get clinical examination done.The doctor may initially want to check your platelet count, bleeding and clotting time.
Please ask if you want me to explain anything.Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Herpes lips mouth
- Is sores in mouth and on lips a side effect of carboplatin?
- What dose a white mark on the iside of your mouth lower lip mean
- Denture mouth sore side lips
- Right side of lips mouth tingle hepatitis
- Is sores in the mouth and on the lips a side effect of hydrea?
- Gum mouth lip numbness
- My mouth and lips are itching
- What causes mouth ulcers and numb lips
- Mouth or lips shaking