Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Have blood blister on scrotum. How to get rid of this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6608 Questions
My husband has a blood blister on his scrotum, he has tried to drain it several times but it keeps filling up. What do we do now?
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
Thanks for the query.

History of symptoms suggest that most likely your husband is suffering from Fordyce type angiokeratoma which is a common and benign skin disorder and it has no affect on the sexual health of the person except that it is an embarrassment to you.

It doesn't lead to any complication except that it may get infected and result in pain.

The most common methods of removing scrotal blood blisters involve electrocoagulation, cryotherapy, or laser therapy. In the event of more complicated infections, excision can be done.

You may consult a dermatologist for the diagnosis and it's treatment.

I hope it helps. However, you may revert to me for any further query.

Best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have blood blister on scrotum. How to get rid of this? 20 hours later
My husband wanted to inform you that the blood blister came after he was shaving that area with an electric shaver and it must have pulled a hair or the skin, shortly after the blood blister appeared.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later

I would advise you to consult a surgeon and subject your husband for a physical examination and evaluation. If the lesion is simple,then he can excise it.
It is always better to consult a surgeon rather than doing anything of your own.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor