Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Have blister on top of foot. Rashes popping around the blisters area. Should I go for medical check up?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 362 Questions
I have a blister on top of my foot that at first looked like a bite, but it is not. a small rash is popping up around the area and it is getting to look worse. This was 2 days ago. Before that it looked fine. I am concerned, should I go to E.R.?
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.

A blister on the foot with surrounding rash is quite suggestive of an infection. If not treated adequately, it can lead on to cellulitis, a severe condition where the foot can get swollen, red and extremely painful.

You will need a clinical examination and a course of antibiotics. These antibiotics are prescription drugs and thus I would be unable to prescribe it for you, without an examination.

It is advisable that you vist the ER and get yourself evaluated. Even though its not an emergency, I believe it can take some time for you to see your physician.

Please get back if you need any further information.


Dr Kiran
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor