Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Have blackhead on back, smelly pus oozing

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
I have a black head on my back that has smelly pus coming out of it.
Posted Sat, 29 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 25 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

The lesion you are describing appears to be sebaceous cyst.

It has a black colored opening or punctum.
It contains whitish cheesy paste like smelly material. if its smelly it indicates a infection in sebaceous cyst.

Now you need to squeeze it out under aseptic condition.Wash it with soap and water .Apply topical antibiotic cream like fusidic acid over it.

hope this helps.

If you need any further clarification do let me know.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have blackhead on back, smelly pus oozing 4 minutes later
Apply topical antibiotic cream like fusidic acid over it.

What is topical antibiotic cream?

What is fusidic acid? Can it be purchased at the store?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 58 minutes later

Any antibiotic cream like soframycin /mupirocin /fusidic acid will do the job.

They are available over the counter.

Hope this helps.

If you dont have any further queries please accept my answer and rate it in the end.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor