Have bilirumin level 7.2. How to control this level?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: I am having bilirumin level 7.2.What should I do now?Is it curable?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 17 minutes later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

This is quite high level of bilirubin. Such level can be caused by many diseases including bile ducts stones(the urine gets dark and the stool becomes whitish), liver cirrhosis, liver tumors, liver damage due to medicines or alcohol, liver viral infection, red blood cells disintegration (hemolysis).
It is advisable for you to find the cause of such level. You should have abdominal ultrasound, liver tests (AST,ALT,GGTP,AP), amylase, free bilirubin level and conjugated bilirubin level. Depending of this tests results further treatment can be administrated. Some of this diseases are treatable, some are not.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.