Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Have bicornuate uterus and fluid on one side. Started getting severe pain. Suggested for surgery

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 2202 Questions
Hi Doctor, My cousin 12 years old started getting severe pain on abdomen for the last 3 weeks. After consultation and diagnosis our doctor suggested for a surgery, because she has Bicornuate Uterus and fluid on one side. Can you please explain and guide how it can be treated and surgery is compulsory ?
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 35 minutes later
I saw your cousin's Ultrasound report.In the report,the radiologist reported as Bicornuate uterus with Hydrometrocolpos.
As per medical literature,this condition should be confirmed with ultrasound and Hysterosalpingography(HSG).MRI also confirms it.
Please get HSG test and confirm the diagnosis.
If the disease of bicornuate uterus is confirmed,Surgery has to be done.There is no role of medical treatment.
Hydrometrocolpos is collection of watery fluid in vagina and uterus.Bicornuate uterus is one of the conditions that cuase Hydrometrocolpos.A bicornuate uterus has two horns and heart shaped.
Surgery is done to create a large uterine cavity with minimal destruction of uterine tissue.Surgery helps in preventing many complications in future pregnancy.
Wish her good health
If you have any queries, i will clarify further

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have bicornuate uterus and fluid on one side. Started getting severe pain. Suggested for surgery 17 minutes later
Thanks for your quick action. Can you please guide me the best hospital in karnataka or kerala for this surgery and also if any specialists name
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 3 minutes later
I am very sorry.
I cannot suggest a particular hospital or specialist.
Please XXXXXXX a XXXXXXX Gynaecologist who has good surgical experience .
Wish her good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor