Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Have beta hemolytic streptococci infection. What treatment should be done?

Mar 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5968 Questions
I have vaginal infection i.e BETA HEMOLYTIC STERPTOCOCCI .SO please suggest me what treatment should be done for this disease
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 20 minutes later
Thanks for your query.
Out of the 3 reports, I am unable to view one .
It is quite hazy.
I think it is the report of your urine analysis.
May i request you to re attach a clearer copy of that, so that I could provide comprehensive guidance?
Also, please mention what specific problems you had, which led you to seek medical help and get these reports done?
Also, any details about the mode of delivery, any complications etc would be welcome.
Awaiting your further reply.
Take care meanwhile.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have beta hemolytic streptococci infection. What treatment should be done? 40 minutes later
I have uploaded my reports according for your please check my reports and suggest treatment and also suggest me a doctor for this disease in lucknow.

recently i see a doctor XXXXXXX XXXXXXX IN LUCKNOW.I am using DOXY-1 L-DR FORTE from one month.

i want to XXXXXXX you, is this possible?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Hi again XXXXXXX
I have gone through your reports.
The urine microscopic and culture report is normal, so you have nothing to worry about.
Also, your vaginal swab report is dated last December.
It shows infection with a bacteria called Beta Hemolytic Streptococci.
The culture report shows that this bacteria is sensitive to an antibiotic called Doxycycline.
You have already taken a month long course of Doxycycline for this.
So according to me, you have no need to take any further medication for this.
Only if you are experiencing problems like excessive vaginal discharge, burning in vagina , pain in lower abdomen etc, then you need to consult a doctor again and repeat the test.
Also, one word of caution - Doxycyline is generally not given to nursing/breastfeeding mothers.
I hope you were not feeding at that time.
Also, the doctor you mention is quite reputed and good in Lucknow.
Unfortunately, am out of town, otherwise would have loved to XXXXXXX you.
Please take care and am open to any more queries you would have.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor